Monday, May 26, 2008

not quite there yet...

dear sean:

don't get me wrong. so many funny things have happened thus far but i was actually sitting here while my cornputer booted up (in japan!!) wracking my brain for the lead in to make you laugh and BAM-right in front of me in the NWA (which i guess only makes me laugh over here, but i think it will make you laugh as well since we are of a certain age and nwa will always be easy and da boys hanging in compton) lounge and the ONLY big fat american in sight wangs his fat head on the light and looks at me like i should feel sorry for his giant americanness but i just look at the computer and try not to laugh. i am only sort of successful. he is on to me. but alas, we are allies in this strange and foreign place. they took my toothpaste. but he was so nice and charming and he had white gloves on so i just let him. i think i even bowed. also, it is very difficult not to just crack off my engrish. i am afraid of taking a picture in the lounge so you will have to settle for a description of the little old lady on the plane who i thought would be my sure fire "make sean laugh" story (oh, sidebar, the fat american just hit his head again, muttered, presumably to me, that the thing is going to kill me one of these times)...she was about 4'11" and in a pink nylon sweat suit. under the jacket, which was unzipped-a red ferrari F1 shirt, circa early shummacher (now the fat american has taken a cute japanese lady's seat in the name of a "three prong outlet," she did not perform kung fu), and a sombrero the size of a tractor trailer tire that she wore off the plane. this sombrero was also ruby red with white rhinestones. she was about 85 and bore a strong resemblance to pat morita. i love her. welcome to japan. i hope this made you laugh. i know technically the blog has thailand in the title and i am in japan, but hey, it counts i think. i hope you read more tomorrow.

No comments: